There are no hardcore games on this planet who hasn’t played the Fallout 4 on their best gaming computer. The Fallout 4 is one of the most popular games made for the various platforms and people love to play this game. As an avid gamer, I’m not an exception. But, sometimes I face the Fallout 4 crashing on Startup error on the Windows PC.
I am not sure the reason behind it but somehow, I was able to fix this issue permanently. I searched the internet for the solutions to fix Fallout 4 crash on Startup issue, which ultimately helped me to permanently fix the problem on my computer. There are many people who are facing the exact same problem while trying to play Fallout 4 on Windows computer.
In this post, we are going to share some working tricks to permanently fix the Fallout 4 Crash on Startup. The crash on Startup Fallout 4 has made many gamers mad as they wanted to play the game but it won’t start. if you are one such gamer, then follow the methods mentioned in this post and fix the problem.
How to Fix Fallout 4 Crash on Startup Error
If you are wondering why the Fallout 4 Won’t start error appears while you are trying to play the game? Well, there are many reasons behind the Fallout 4 Won’t start error. The most important reason is the file corruption. when the game files are deleted mistakenly or the files are corrupted, then you may face the issue. you can easily fix the problem by following the methods I am sharing this post. here are the working tricks to permanently fix the Fallout 4 Crashes on Startup issue.
Method #1 – Disable Antivirus Program
The Antivirus programs are made to protect the computer from unwanted threats. these programs immediately find and remove the unwanted files from your computer. Sometimes, the game files of the Fallout 4 are detected by the Antivirus programs and removed immediately, which causes the Fallout 4 not starting issue. Well, if you have any Antivirus program running in the background, then we are going to Disable it to fix the problem. Here are the steps to do the same.
- First of all, go to your Taskbar and click on the “Show Hidden Icons” button to open up the icons that are not shown on the Desktop.
- Now, right-click on the Antivirus icon that is running in the Background and Disable or Quit it. In this case, we are using the “AVG Antivirus” and we’ve Disabled it temporarily.
- After Turning off or disabling the Antivirus, just try to open the game again with Administrative Privileges.
If the antivirus program is messing with the Fallout 4 and causing the Fallout Won’t open on Windows error, then this method will permanently fix this issue. Even if you face the same problem again, then you can easily disable the Antivirus program and fix the issue.
Method #2 – Verify Integrity on Steam
If you’ve installed the Game via Steam, then you have an easier method than any of the mentioned methods. The steam provides Verify Integrity of Game cache, which is the feature that helps you to check issues and missing files of the game. Many times, we used this feature to fix the game won’t open steam error.
- First of all, open the Steam program and go to the “Library“. In the Library, find the “Fallout 4” and right-click on it. After right clicking, click on the “Properties“.
- In the game properties, switch to the “Local Files” tab and then click on “Verify Integrity of Game Cache” button. Now, the Integrity of Game Cache files will be checked and the missing files will be automatically replaced by Steam. The process will take more than a few minutes, so please be patient.
- After completion, Restart the Steam client and try launching the Fallout 4. When i tried this method, the issue was no more popping up while launching Fallout 4 on PC.
Method #3 – Change Game Settings
The in-game settings are meant to tailor the gaming experience. Sometimes, these settings are coming to our rescue as most of the issues with games arise when messed with the game settings. In the method, we are going to take care of the In-game settings, which may help us to fix the Fallout 4 Crash on Startup error.
- First of all, open the In-game settings or the Fallout 4 options. In the options, change the Video Resolution to same as your Desktop Resolution. If the incompatible video resolution is the issue, then this step will fix the problem. If not, then check another step.
- Now, click on “Windowed Mode” and “Borderless Mode” to enable the options. Running the Game in Windowed and Borderless mode will help you to fix the problem.
These methods will definitely help you to permanently fix the Fallout 4 won’t start error. If you are still not able to run the Fallout 4 game after following these methods, then make sure to watch this video for exact steps.
The Fallout 4 is one of the best online multiplayer game that people love to play. It’s very frustrating when the Fallout 4 Crashes on Startup in your Beast windows PC. Even after having the top-notch hardware configuration, the Fallout 4 won’t open on your PC. Well, these methods are working perfectly to fix the annoying error on your computer. Just follow these methods and you are good to play the Fallout game on your computer with your friends.