The Microsoft Windows 10 Operating System is one of the best-operating systems from Microsoft. The simple user interface and tons of features are making it favorite for computer users. Recently, the Microsoft allowed free access to Windows 10 for those who are willing to upgrade from Windows 7 and Windows 8 OS. After upgrading, the users started facing the Your Windows License will Expire Soon error on their computer. It’s very confusing error for any Windows 10 user as they’ve legally upgraded from the older version to the newer one.
If you are facing the same “Your Windows License Will expire Soon” error, then you should immediately dig for the reasons and permanently fix this issue. In this post, we are going to share some working methods, that’ll help you to get forever rid of this Windows License Will Expire Sonn Windows 10 Error.
What is Windows 10 “Your Windows License Will Expire Soon” error message?
The Microsoft allowed the Windows 7 and Windows 8 users to upgrade to Windows 10 and provided them with the Premium License for one year. When the expiry date of this license is near, users will see the License Will Expire Soon error message on their screen. Also, if the user has installed a new Windows 10 copy and not entered the License Key to activate it, then within 30 days of the installation, the user will start to see this error message.
Sometimes, the lifetime licensed copy holders will also see this error message pop up on their computers. This is happened due to sudden deactivation of the Windows License Manager or the corrupted License Manager.
How to Fix Windows 10 Your License Will Expire Soon Error?
There are tons of working solutions to fix this annoying error on your Windows 10 computer. If you are confused about the solutions, then you should check out the methods we’ve shared in this post. Here, you’ll find some working techniques, that’ll help you to permanently fix this annoying error message pop up on your Windows 10 computer.
Reset Windows License Manager
The Windows License Manager is the background service responsible to periodically checking the Status of Windows License. Resetting this service will help us to get rid of the error message pop-ups.
- First of all, press “Windows + X” key combination on the keyboard and click on “Command Prompt (Admin)” option. Provide UAC access. Alternatively, search for CMD in Search Menu and right-click on the Search Result and select “Run as Administrator.”
- In the Command Prompt, type following command and press ENTER to run the command.SLMGR –REARM
- Within a few seconds, you’ll see the Success Message on screen. Restart the computer after Success Message, and you are ready to roll.
Use Registry Editor to Fix Issue
The Registry Editor in Windows is one of the most powerful editing tools for fixing any problem in Windows. The Registry Editor allows us to edit application permissions and values to change the behavior of specific programs. In this method, we are doing the same to fix Windows License Manager and extend the Trial period.
- First of all, open the RUN window by pressing “Windows + R” key combination on the keyboard. In the RUN, type “regedit” and press ENTER to open the Registry Editor.
- In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following path from the Left-Side pane.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Currentversion\SL
- In the Folder on the right side, you’ll find the “SkipRearm” file. Double-click on it and change the “Value Data” to 1 from 0 and click “OK” to save the value.
- After that, Restart your computer and check if the License Will Expire Soon Windows 10 pro error comes back or not.
Use Windows Activation Troubleshooter Utility
The Windows Activation Troubleshooter Utility is the tool provided by Microsoft to fix any problem related to the Windows License Activation. If you have a lifetime Windows 10 License and still facing this error, then you should immediately download this tool and fix the problem. Here are the exact steps to do so and fix the problem.
- First of all, go to the “Settings” app and open the “Updates and Security.”
- In the Updates and Security, switch to the “Activation” tab from the left-pane.
- In the Activation tab, scroll down and click on “Troubleshoot” option. Clicking on it will open the “Windows Activation Troubleshoot Utility.”
- The utility will automatically start to find and fix the problem. The process will take a few minutes to complete.
- After completion, Restart your computer to let the changes take effect.
That’s it! These are some of the working solutions to get rid of the Your License Will Expire Soon Windows 10 error message popup. We’ve tried all of these methods on our office computer and found these methods to work correctly. If you are facing the same issue, it is highly recommended to follow these methods until you can fix the problem immediately. If you encounter any problem while following these methods or have any doubts, feel free to use the comment section.